Tuesday, September 30, 2014

WHERE BIG THINGS HAPPEN….



I can’t get the song “Deep in the Heart of Texas” out of my head: The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas. After having recently visited San Antonio, Texas, I have to tell you I am thrilled with the host city for the 2015 Golf Industry Show. 
San Antonio may well be one of the most delightful locations we visit. The area immediately surrounding the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center is welcoming and clean with the added allure of the city’s River Walk. I am convinced that the upcoming Golf Industry Show is most certainly a must-attend event. The convention center is conveniently located with great access from the surrounding hotels. There are a number of high-quality hotels within a 10-minute walk of the center, and the ability to access it from the street level or the River Walk provides attendees the opportunity to enjoy the best that San Antonio has to offer. 

Along the River Walk, attendees will find an abundance of dining opportunities, as well as shops and some amazing cypress trees and gardens. The entire River Walk area is truly unique and provides an exhilarating pathway to the convention center where attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational seminars. 

At street level, you will find a city rich in historic significance that is well maintained with, perhaps, some of the friendliest people I have encountered. For those of you who know me well this will not come as a surprise, but there was more than one occasion that I found myself turned around. In each instance, without even asking, somebody offered me assistance. Yes, it is that obvious when I am lost!

Once at the convention center, attendees will be just as impressed with the facilities here. The ballrooms are well equipped to facilitate our large event sessions. The classrooms and lobby areas are as striking as the rest of the city. When the trade show floor is open, attendees and exhibitors alike will be impressed with the spaciousness provided.

During my visit to San Antonio, I did not have the chance to make it out to the golf courses hosting the GCSAA Golf Championships, but I have reviewed the facilities on our Golf Industry Show website. In speaking with Brian Cloud, field staff representative for the South Central region, he noted that the courses are just as impressive in person as they are on the website. If you haven’t already taken the opportunity to check out the website, I would encourage you to visit www.golfindustryshow.com. Registration for the GCSAA Golf Championships and Golf Industry Show opens Nov. 4, 2014, for GCSAA members. 

I know I probably sound like I am taking a pay check from the San Antonio visitors’ bureau, but my experience there truly heightened my eagerness to return for the Golf Industry Show Feb. 21 – 26, 2015. I know I am fixin' to be “Where Big Things Happen,” but more importantly will I be seeing you deep in the heart of Texas? I surely hope you don’t miss out on this great city and the numerous offerings GCSAA has in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment