Monday, October 14, 2013

Welcome to the Florida regional page

I am excited to announce an additional communication platform: regional pages. GCSAA field staff will be blogging regularly to share pertinent information and the feedback we receive through our outreach efforts.

I have had the opportunity to relay information through my participation at local chapter meetings, chapter newsletters and a regular submission in The Florida Green. Through my interactions with individual members and chapter boards, I have also been able to report back to the GCSAA Board of Directors and staff about issues that directly impact our region. We then collaborate to support you, our members.

With this regional blog, I will keep you abreast of events and issues that have a direct impact on you and your facility. I hope this will help you to communicate with golfers, owners and boards the complex issues you deal with on a regular basis. 

In addition to items such as on-going fertilizer ordinances, the fight for continued use of methyl bromide for golf courses, and the impact of weather on maintenance practices, I hope to highlight accomplishments of individuals and chapters in an effort to promote your positive contributions. In my five years as your GCSAA representative, I have heard countless stories of chapter benevolence and individual charitable deeds that I look forward to sharing.

As this is a new endeavor, look for my blog updates at least every couple of weeks. It will be updated more frequently as the need and opportunity presents itself. I hope you find the information pertinent, as well as entertaining. But most importantly, I hope this content will help you meet your needs at your facility or within your chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment